Friday 8 April 2011

Planning a 60th!!!

In a rare break from baking (and babysitting for my sister), I am planning a 60th birthday party for my mum next weekend.

In a break from the usual party fayre of sausage rolls, quiche and birthday cake, she has asked for the next level up in the baking steaks.

Have scoured lots of lovely bakers blogs for inspiration, I now have many ideas, correction, I have too many ideas and need to pare it back.

Do I go for a chocolate triple layer cake with raspberry buttercream or a coconut cream cake? A lemon and lime cake or a coffee and walnut cake? Decisions decisions and that's just the cake. Then i've got to look at sweet and savoury tarts, nibbles and breads. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Think i'm going to sit in a dark room for a while and hope the clarity angel gives me a nudge....well that of wait for some comments from you lovely readers with suggestions.

Hope you like the blog and the recipes i've been posting.

Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment